Do you need wooden pallets for your business?
Whether you are looking to buy used or new pallets, this article will guide you through the process.
We’ll cover a range of topics including where and how to find good quality new and recycled pallets, what the differences between new and used wooden pallets are, as well as how much they cost.
There is also an overview of Papan Pine Wood, the best wood supplier in Selangor, Malaysia that offers both new and used wooden pallets for sale.
What Is a Wooden Pallet?
Wooden pallets are strong, reusable, and recyclable.
They’re often used in the transportation of goods from one destination to another – you’ll see them everywhere!
Wooden pallets can also be broken down into smaller pieces for wood fuel or other industrial purposes.
When they’re no longer fit for purpose, you have two options: reuse them if possible or send them off to recycling!
If they’re sent to recycling it is important that all nails and screws are removed first otherwise the boards will not be able to be compressed as much during processing resulting in less recycled material per tonne processed.
How to Choose and Buy Recycled Pallet?
There are many factors that make up a quality recycled wood from the country of origin, the state of disrepair, and even the type of load they were used for before it was reclaimed.
Below are what you should consider:
The first step is determining where you will need these materials for use in your business so that appropriate decisions can be made by taking them into account. The kind of product you produce as well as its durability needs.
If you want long-lasting strong material with an outside appearance then think about using hardwood such as oak which has been stripped.
Avoid the signs of damage like nail heads on the board may cause splinters (something sharp will stuck in your skin).
Take a look at the dimensions of used pallets to ensure that they are both compatible with your handling equipment, such as forklifts or trolleys
Used wooden pallet buyers should also be aware that some old or damaged wood may have been treated with chemicals that could be harmful if ingested.
Pallets of the same size may not be useable for carrying completely different types of weights of goods, so make sure to check with your supplier first before ordering too many pallets that are unsuitable for what you need them for.
Advantages of Buying Used Wooden Pallets
Used wooden pallets offer many advantages at significant savings over buying new pallets.
Some benefits include:
- Lower production costs.
- Less labor required during manufacture due to their lighter weight and thinner boards.
- More availability because they’re recycled goods with limited stock remaining in circulation.
- Minimal transportation expenses.
- and shorter lead times when purchased locally/domestically.
Disadvantages of Used Pallets Wood
The search for the best material can be quite daunting.
There are many different types of pallet wood to choose from such as oak, pine, mahogany, or hardwood so it’s important to know what you need before making a decision on which type of wood is suitable for your needs in addition to any other considerations like price versus quality.
Also, they may not be as durable as their newer counterparts when handling heavy loads over long distances; this is because they have been exposed to more wear and tear than other types of wood would ever experience before being salvaged.
The surface may also have a rough texture which makes painting difficult because paint doesn’t adhere well without sanding first (and that means extra work), so the final result may be less than pleasing to the eye.
How to Choose and Buy New Pallet?
Buying new pallets consider as an easy task compares to reclaimed pallets. Steps to follow when ordering new pallets:
- Determine the approximate number of pallets needed.
- Specify what size is required for truckload, and if desired, provide a list of specific sizes.
- New Pallets also come in different shapes including standard lengths of 12 feet long by 40 inches wide; 16 feet long by 48 inches wide; 20 feet long by 60 inches wide so you may choose the most appropriate size for your needs.
- Provide information about shipping details (e.g., dock location), anticipated delivery time frame, and packaging requirements (e.g., shrink-wrapped or not).
- If you are unsure of any of these points please contact us at Papan Pine Wood before proceeding with your order so we can provide you with assistance in selecting just the right product specification for your needs!
Advantages of Buying New Wooden Pallets
- New pallets are more durable than used wooden pallets and have better-quality wood.
- New pallets have a smooth surface, which is easier to paint and less prone to dirt build-up that can cause health issues like rust.
- You can order new custom pallets that meet unique transport needs like size, weight, and material.
- New pallets are available in a variety of woods such as maple, oak, or pine
- Buying new wooden pallets is more expensive than used ones but you get what you pay for!
Overall, they will last longer, be safer to load with heavy items, and can even help you save on transfer costs as they weigh less.
Disadvantages of Buying New Pallets:
- Production of new pallets can be costly and time-consuming.
- The process involves cutting the heavy logs, which often requires a specialized sawmill or milling machine that may not be available at small facilities.
- The cost to produce one pallet is about RM25-RM30 in labor alone, not including the cost of materials.
- New pallets definitely are more expensive than used pallets.
- The cost of transporting new pallets can be high as they require a lot of space and shipping charges are calculated by weight.
- It is also important to note that the time it takes for delivery may not be worth the wait, depending on the need.
- If you have an urgent order (e.g., your business needs immediate access to materials) using new pallets will not work well because there’s a long waiting period from production until delivery.
Side note: There are some great advantages in using both new and used wooden pallets as they often offer a cost-effective solution without compromising on quality.
In addition, when purchasing reclaimed wood it is important to verify its origin and ensure that any contaminants have been removed during production; this will help keep pests at bay once you’ve put them into service!
Find The Best Wooden Pallets Supplier in Malaysia
There can be many good deals out there if you know where to look. One way that most people get their hands on these items is by word-of-mouth or by asking around locally about suppliers they have used before.
The best way to find a quality supplier of wooden pallets in Malaysia is to use the internet.
Search for suppliers using keywords like “wooden pallets suppliers” or “used wooden pallet sellers in Klang” and you will be able to access some good online sources where you can compare prices, brands, and reviews from other customers who bought products from them.
Actually, there are many different types of new wooden pallets for sale; make sure to check with your supplier first before ordering too many pallets that are unsuitable for what you need them for.
Moreover, some suppliers even offer wholesale prices if your purchase exceeds a certain amount of pallets from their manufacture.
Lastly, we hope you found what you were looking for in our blog post!
If not, please let us know and we’ll do our best to help.
You can reach out to our co-founder, Jacob Yap at Papan Pine Wood on +6011-1427 8890 or email email@example.com with any questions about wooden pallets or other wood products that may be of interest.
What are your needs? Fill out a contact form today and one of our friendly staff members will get back to you ASAP!